May 5, 2012

Gooey Butter Bars ~ A recipe from a photographer

I know this is a photography blog, but sometimes I make something that people beg for the recipe and other times, I am the one begging for recipes!!  So, I thought this would be an easy way to get all my FAVS out there to share!  I can't say this will be a regular thing, but when the mood strikes, I'll post something YUMMY!  I just want to keep you on your toes! 

So, today's recipe is Gooey Butter Bars!!  Seriously, how could you go wrong with a dessert that has the words butter AND gooey in it?  They are in fact, buttery and gooey and VERY addictive!  A friend of a friend brought this to a get together and I HAD to have the recipe.  She delivered with a copy from some cook book, I have no idea which one so I can give no credit, but I don't want to take the credit either!!

Gooey Butter Bars
Here we go...

what you need:

Crust
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 egg 

Filling
  • 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
First, mix all 3 of the ingredients for the crust in a mixer until well mixed and thick.  About 2 minutes.

Take a spatula and scrap out the bowl and pat the mixture evenly on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Now, the BEST part of the recipe is that you DO NOT even have to clean out your bowl, it just doesn't matter!!  So, take that same mixing bowl and mix the softened cream cheese until it's fluffy.

Then, add 1 stick melted butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 2 eggs.  Mix for about 1 minute.

Next,  add the 3 3/4 cups of powered sugar.  Mix again for about 1 minute.

Poor evenly over the crust and then bake until it's golden all over and still jiggles a little in the middle.

The recipe says bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.  My oven runs hot so I baked mine about 40  minutes.  This is how it looked when it came out.  I placed it on a cooling rack to cool all around.  PERFECT!!

You HAVE to make them!!  If it's not for a big group, no worries, they are even BETTER the next day! :)  Enjoy and come back and tell me what you think! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips